A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

03/06/2011

Expedition

Another spur of the moment things.
....And I really need to find better titles


“Are you sure you’ll be fine?”
“I’m sure.”
“…Really? You don’t need me to come with you??”
A dejected sigh,” I’m sure.”
“What about your equipments? Have you brought them to the smiths? What about food? Rations? Did you remember –“
“Sister!” The blonde-haired man grounded out, waving his arms in exasperation. “We’ve been through this a thousand times! I’ll. Be. Just. Fine!” He glared murderously for effect.
Dark blue eyes met unimpressed icy blue ones.
Her sister, looking supremely unconvinced by his passionate declaration, pouted mightily and crossed her arms in front of her chest. “I’m just trying to look out for you! People have been saying awful things about the caves and – “
For the second time in sixty seconds, Schein cut her sister in mid rambling once more,” I know that it’ll be dangerous down there, but I’ll have a lot of people with me. Heck, from what I’ve been hearing, the whole Starlite guild will be coming! Even the ring master! We should be worried of the possibility that I won’t get a share instead!”
“Schein….”
Oh no. This is bad.
He recognized that teary eyed look anywhere. He watched in trepidation as his sister’s shoulders shook slightly and as her icy blue eyes gained a glassy quality in them.
Latte is trying to guilt trip him! Again!
“I…uhhh….” He stammered uncomfortably,”…need to go! Themeetingwillstartsoon!” With that, he grabbed his bags and slung in over his shoulder, beating a hasty exit to the door. “See you in a few months!”
------
He was not feeling guilty.
Schein was most definitely not feeling guilty. At all.
And he shouldn’t be because there was nothing to be guilty about.
He had told Latte from the start that he needed to go on this expedition, after all. And it wasn’t even like he wanted it for the glory or the challenge; he needed it because they would surely be thrown out of their lodgings if didn’t take this chance.
So there.
Absolutely nothing to be guilty about.
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment